Omega cuts : woodcuts and linocuts by artists associated with the Omega Workshops and the Hogarth Press / Jeremy Greenwood ; with an introduction by Judith Collins.
- Additional Title(s):
- Woodbridge [Suffolk, England] : Wood Lea Press, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 145 p. : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK942.O45 G74 1998+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "450 copies of the standard edition and 105 copies of the special edition (of which 100 are for sale) have been printed on 135 gsm Stockwell acid-free paper by Smith Settle, Otley Mils, Ilkley Road, Otley, West Yorkshire ... Set in Berthold Garamont Amsterdam regular. The pattern paper, used as an endpaper in the standard edition and as the binding paper for the special edition, is based on one of the Omega Workshops papers ... Of the 105 copies of the special edition, each of which is accompanied by a copy of 'Original woodcuts by three artists'"--Colophon.
Issued in a solander box.
With: Original woodcuts by three artists. Woodridge, Suffolk : Wood Lea Press, 1998.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 7-8, 20-21).
SML,AOB has copy no. 93 of the special edition.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 57 of the special edition.
- Subject Terms:
- Bloomsbury group.Hogarth Press -- Catalogs.Linoleum block-printing -- Catalogs.Omega Workshops -- Catalogs.Wood Lea Press.Wood-engraving -- Catalogs.Wood-engraving, English -- 20th century.Wood-engraving, English -- Catalogs.
- Woodcuts -- England -- 20th century.
Linocuts -- England -- 20th century.
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Berthold Garamont Amsterdam.
- Omega and Hogarth woodcuts / Judith Collins
- The catalogue / Jeremy Greenwood
- Vanessa Bell
- Simon Bussy
- Frederick Etchells
- John D. Fergusson
- Roger Fry
- Henri Gaudier-Breska
- Winifred M. Gill
- Duncan Grant
- E. McKnight Kauffer
- Roald Kristian
- Edward Wadsworth
- Edward Wolfe
- Pattern papers.