Pennant, Thomas, 1726-1798, The history and antiquities of London , 1814
- The history and antiquities of London / by Thomas Pennant.
- A new edition, with an appendix and index.
- London : Printed for Edward Jeffery by B. McMillan, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 381 p. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 69Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition is published without any illustrations of prints whatever; but are printed, for the purchasers who choose to amuse themselves in the pursuit of illustrating ..."--cf. Advertisement (leaf following t.p.)
Adams, B. London illustrated, p. 157
Includes publishers' advertisements on verso of p. 381.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: One of 25 large paper copies.
BAC: Extra-illustrated and bound in 6 v.
BAC: Bound with v.1 is: Concise account, historical and descriptive of Lambeth Palace. London : W. Herbert and E.W. Brayley, 1806.
BAC: Bound with v. 4 is: Views exhibiting the exterior & interior & principal monuments of the vern ancient and remarkable church of St. Dunstan in the West, in the city of London / J.F. Denham. London : F. Waller, [1830?].
Illustrations by: Jacobus Houbraken, Joseph Constantine Stadler, James Stow, Bartholomew Howlett, William Wise, George Cooke, William George Moss, James C. Redaway, C. Blackberd, Edward Scriven, Benjamin Cole, William P. Sherlock, John Brown, George Vertue, Henry Mutlow, W.B. Cooke, Richard Roffe, John Le Keux, et al.; after Joseph Farington, George Perfect Harding, Hans Holbein, Ravenhill, Hendrik Frans De Cort, George Jones, Luke Clennell, W. Pearson, Sophia Barnes, George Fennel Robson, W. Crosby, R.W. Satchwell, Thomas Fisher. Peter Lely, Samuel Owen, Peter Mazell, Henry Hoppner Meyer, Federico Zuccari, James Elmes, William Haines, et. al.
- Subject Terms:
- Hill, Percy -- Autograph.Jeffery, Edward -- Publisher.London (England) -- Antiquities.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History -- 1800-1950.McMillan, B. -- Printer.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1814.
Aquatints -- 1814.
Mezzotints -- 1814.
Engravings -- 1814.
Etchings -- 1814.
Stipple engravings -- 1814.
Wood engravings -- 1814.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.