The scouring of the White Horse, or, The long vacation ramble of a London clerk / by the author of "Tom Brown's school days" ; illustrated by Richard Doyle.
- Additional Title(s):
Scouring of the White Horse
Long vacation ramble of a London clerk
- Cambridge : Macmillan and Co., and 23, Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 244, 16 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4809.H8 S36 1859Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Shirley 3098: Blue, gilt-stamped cloth. Inscribed: Presented to Mrs. Conway for the benefit of the orphans and aged womens home at Georgetown, DC, with the most hearty wishes of the author for the success of the great cause, Thos. Hughes, Feb.y 4th, 1864. Advertising matter: 16 p. at end not included in pagination.
By Thomas Hughes.
Printed by R. Clay, London.
Wood engravings by W.J. Linton.
Added engraved t.p. printed across facing leaves.
"Macmillan and Co.'s list of works adapted for Christmas presents."--16 p., at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gilt-stamped blue morocco, with gilt edges. Label mounted on preliminary paste-down: Agricultural and Commercial Grammar School, Dursley. [Illegible] examination 1867 Prize awarded to R. G. Pearce for good conduct. J.W. Sheringham Examiner, W.P. Hart Head Master.
- Subject Terms:
- Agricultural and Commercial Grammar School -- Prize award to R. G. Pearce, 1867.Clay, R. -- Printer.Conway, Mrs. -- Presentation inscription from T. Hughes. (BEIN)Hughes, Thomas, 1822-1896 -- Presentation inscription to Mrs. Conway. (BEIN)Macmillan and Co. -- Publisher.Pearce, R. G. -- Prize award from Agricultural and Commercial Grammar School, Dursley, 1867.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.White Horse, Vale of (England) -- Fiction.
- Publishers' advertisements.
Wood engravings -- 1859.
YCBA Collections Search
Hughes, Thomas, 1822-1896, The scouring of the White Horse, or, The long vacation ramble of a London clerk , 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.