Travels in South and North America / by Alexander Marjoribanks, of Marjoribanks ; author of Travels in New Zealand, Australia, &c.
- London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Company. D. Appleton and Co., 200 Broadway, New York, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 480 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE166 .M37 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Chromolithographed frontispiece by Schenck & McFarlane.
Printed by Alex Walker, 6, James Court, Edinburgh.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 27179
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 611
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in blind-stamped publisher's red textured cloth. Gilt lettering on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Brazil -- Description and travel.Canada -- Description and travel.Simpkin, Marshall, and Company -- Publisher.Slavery.South America -- Description and travel.United States -- Description and travel.Walker, Alex -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- Specimens -- 1853.
YCBA Collections Search
Marjoribanks, Alexander, Travels in South and North America , 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.