Travels through Canada, and the United States of North America, in the years 1806, 1807, & 1808 : to which are added biographical notices and anecdotes of some of the leading characters in the United States / by John Lambert ; in two volumes ; with a map and numerous engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
- Second edition, corrected and improved.
- London : Printed for C. Cradock and W. Joy, 32, Paternoster-Row; Doig and Stirling, Edinburgh; and M. Keen, Dublin, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE164 .L223 1814Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by John Lambert.
Printed by Richard Taylor and Co., Printers' Court, Shoe Lane, London.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 38734
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 613
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Gilt-tooled sprinkled calf binding with marbled end-papers.
- Subject Terms:
- Boston (Mass.) -- Description and travel.Canada -- Description and travel.Charleston (S.C.) -- Description and travel.Cradock, C. -- Publisher.Doig and Stirling -- Publisher.Joy, W. -- Publisher.Keen, M. -- Publisher.New York (N.Y.) -- Description and travel.Québec (Province) -- Description and travel.United States -- Biography.United States -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1814.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1814.
YCBA Collections Search
Lambert, John, active 1806-1811, Travels through Canada, and the United States of North America, in the years 1806, 1807, & 1808 , 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.