Eldorado, or, Adventures in the path of empire : comprising a voyage to California, via Panama : life in San Francisco and Monterey : pictures of the gold region, and experiences of Mexican travel / by Bayard Taylor, author of 'Views a-foot,' 'Rhymes of Travel,' etc. ; with illustrations by the author ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Adventures in the path of empira
- London : Richard Bentley, New Burlington Street, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF865 .T23 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates are tinted lithographs (one or two tints).
Illustrations by Bayard Taylor and Jacob Caleb Ward (one plate only). Lithographs printed by Sarony & Major.
Printed by Schulze & Co., Poland Street, London.
Appendix: Report of Hon. T. Butler King: v. 2, p. -247.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 617
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's orange cloth binding., blind-stamped block design on front and back. Spine embossed and lettered in gilt. Binder's ticket in v. 1: Bound by Remnant & Edmonds. Bookplate in v. 1: Reginald Rogers.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, Richard -- Publisher.California -- Description and travel.California -- Gold discoveries.Mexico -- Description and travel.Rogers, Reginald -- Bookplate.Sarony & Major -- Printer.Schulze & Co. -- Printer.Voyages to the Pacific coast.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
Taylor, Bayard, 1825-1878, Eldorado, or, Adventures in the path of empire , 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.