Hints on bivouac & camp life : issued by the authority of His Excellency Major General Sir Gaspard Le Marchant, for the guidance of young officers in the Halifax garrison while under canvas for the summer months at the north west arm, Point Pleasant / by Captain Wilford Brett, 76th Regt., aide-de camp.
- Additional Title(s):
Hints on bivouac and camp life
- Halifax, N.S. : Printed by Richard Nugent, (Arcade Building), Hollis Street, 
- Physical Description:
- , 101,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU295.C3 B74 1855Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs by Thomas W. Strong; after J. Schutz.
Introduction dated September, 1855.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 627
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half leather and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Canada. Canadian Army -- Military life.Military camps -- Canada.Military field engineering -- Canada.Military field engineering -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Military training camps -- Canada.
- Lithotints -- Specimen -- 
Lithographs -- 
Engravings -- 
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.