An account of the botanic garden in the island of St. Vincent : from its first establishment to the present time / by the Rev. Lansdown Guilding, B.A., Fellow of the Linnæan Society of London, and member of the Geological and Wernerian Societies of Edinburgh ; with four coloured plates.
- Glasgow : Published by Richard Griffin & Company, printed by Andrew and John M. Duncan, printers to the University, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 47,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK73.S16 G95 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates signed: Del. Revd. L. Guilding ... 1824. Lith. J. Watson, Glasgow.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 691
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. One page leaflet announcing publication of the book and dated from St. Vincent, Feb. 6th, 1826 placed in object file. The leaf is presumably a prospectus for distribution to the Island. Cf. Abbey. Publisher's advertisements, 8 p., tipped in at front. In plain blue boards, with printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical gardens -- Saint Vincent.Duncan, Andrew -- Printer.Duncan, John M. -- Printer.Glasgow (Scotland) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1825.Griffin, R. -- Publisher.Saint Vincent -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
Guilding, Lansdown, 1791-1831, An account of the botanic garden in the island of St. Vincent , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.