Chromatography, or, A treatise on colours and pigments : and of their powers in painting, &c. / by George Field.
- Additional Title(s):
Treatise on colours and pigments.
Field on the power of colours in painting.
- London : Charles Tilt, 1835.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 276 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1280 F4 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title: Field on the power of colours in painting. (art)
Printed by A.J. Valpy, Red Lion Court, Fleet Street.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 123.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- stamped plum publisher's binding.
BAC: Spine title: Field's chromatography.
- Subject Terms:
- Color.Colors.Dankin, Horatio Bryan -- Pres. inscription, April 23, 1855. (bac,rb)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1835.Engraving, Color -- Specimens -- 1835.Painting -- Technique.Tilt, Charles -- Publisher.Valpy, A.J. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Field, George, 1777?-1854, Chromatography, or, A treatise on colours and pigments , 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.