IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rigaud, Jacques, 1681-1754, A general plan of the woods, park and gardens of Stowe, the seat of the Right Honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham , 1739
A general plan of the woods, park and gardens of Stowe, the seat of the Right Honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham : with several perspective views in the gardens.
- London : S. Bridgeman, 1739.
- Physical Description:
- 16 sheets : illustrations ; 97 x 63 cm, or smaller
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2017 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title from cartouche of plan, the 1st plate; imprint information from remaining plates.
Sixteen plates without text, drawn and etched by Jacques Rigaud and Bernard Baron. The plan is by an unknown artist.
Reissued in 1746, with title leaf, as: Stowe Gardens in Buckinghamshire, belonging to the right honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham
- Subject Terms:
- Cobham, Richard Temple, Viscount, 1669?-1749 -- Homes and haunts -- England -- Buckinghamshire.Gardens, English -- Early works to 1800.Landscape architecture -- Early works to 1800.Stowe Gardens (England)
- Etchings -- 1746.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus: John Goto's High Summer (Yale Center for British Art, 2018-04-06 - 2018-08-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.