Rigaud, Jacques, 1681-1754, A general plan of the woods, park and gardens of Stowe, the seat of the Right Honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham , 1739
- A general plan of the woods, park and gardens of Stowe, the seat of the Right Honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham : with several perspective views in the gardens.
- London : S. Bridgeman, 1739.
- Physical Description:
- 16 sheets : illustrations ; 97 x 63 cm, or smaller
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2017 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title from cartouche of plan, the 1st plate; imprint information from remaining plates.
Sixteen plates without text, drawn and etched by Jacques Rigaud and Bernard Baron. The plan is by an unknown artist.
Reissued in 1746, with title leaf, as: Stowe Gardens in Buckinghamshire, belonging to the right honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Cobham, Richard Temple, Viscount, 1669?-1749 -- Homes and haunts -- England -- Buckinghamshire.Gardens, English -- Early works to 1800.Landscape architecture -- Early works to 1800.Stowe Gardens (England)
- Etchings -- 1746.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.