Boswell's Life of Johnson, together with Boswell's Journal of a tour to the Hebrides and Johnson's Diary of a journey into North Wales; edited by George Birkbeck Hill ... Rev. and enl. ed. by L.F. Powell ...
- Oxford, The Clarendon press, 1934-1964.
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. fronts., plates, ports., facsims. (part fold.) 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR3533 B68 1934 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAC: Vol. 5 & 6 are second edition.
BEIN Osborn pe477: v.2-3, 5-6 in dust jackets; J.M. Osborn's ms. notes in v.1, 3-4; errata slip tipped-in in v.1-4, 6; photograph tipped-in in v.1. Vol. 5 1st ed., 1950; v. 6 2nd. ed. 1964.
Vols. 5-6, with revisions by L. F. Powell, first published in 1950; republished in 1964 with further revisions.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.Osborn, James Marshall -- Ms. notes.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century
YCBA Collections Search
Boswell, James, 1740-1795, Boswell's Life of Johnson,, 1934-1964