IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Producing the past , c1999
Producing the past : aspects of antiquarian culture and practice, 1700-1850 / edited by Martin Myrone and Lucy Peltz.
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Ashgate, c1999.
Brookfield, Vt : Ashgate, c1999.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 214 p. : ill., facsims. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryAM7 P76 1999 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- LWL 63 999 P942: Dust jacket.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-207) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Antiquarians -- Historiography.Antiquities.Archaeology and history.Historical museums -- History.Historiography -- History.Material culture.Museum techniques -- Historiography.Museums -- Historiography.
- Introduction : 'Mine are the subjects rejected by the historian' : antiquarianism, history and the making of modern culture / Lucy Peltz and Martin Myrone
- Ceci n'est pas un monument : Vetusta monumenta and antiquarian aesthetics / Maria Grazia Lolla
- Graphic antiquarianism in eighteenth-century Britain : the career and reputation of George Vertue (1684-1756) / Martin Myrone
- British antiquity and antiquarian illustration / Sam Smiles
- 'A small journey into the country' : William Stukeley and the formal landscapes of Stonehenge and Avebury / David Haycock
- The true rust of the Barons' Wars : gardens, ruins and the national landscape / Stephen Bending
- Caspar David Friedrich and national antiquarianism in Northern Germany / Johann J.K. Reusch
- The extra-illustration of London : the gendered spaces and practices of antiquarianism in the late eighteenth century / Lucy Peltz
- The desk : excavation site and repository of memories / Annegret Pelz ; translated and revised by Anne Puetz
- Antiquarianism, connoisseurship and the Northern Renaissance print : new collecting cultures in the early nineteenth century / Heather MacLennan
- Science and sensibility : architectural antiquarianism in the early nineteenth century / Alexandrina Buchanan
- Story, history and the passionate collector / Susan A. Crane.