International Conference of the Institute of Paper Conservation (4th : 1997 ; : London), IPC conference papers London 1997 , c1998
- IPC conference papers London 1997 / edited by Jane Eagan ; proceedings of the Fourth International Conference of the Institute of Paper Conservation, 6-9 April 1997.
- Leigh, UK : The Institute, c1998.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 304 p. : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ701.3 P38 I56 1997 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- The disatrous history of paper / Peter Bower -- Silk paper for crayon drawing in the eighteenth century / John Krill -- Dealing with large-format works of art on paper at the Victoria & Albert Museum / Pauline Webber -- The conservation of the Chinese export wallpapers at Huis ten Bosch / Philip Meredith, T.K. McClintock, Jan Snoek and Anne van Grevenstein-Kruse -- Research and restoration of the map 'the borderlands of Latvia-Russia in 1782/1784' / Ârija Ubarste -- Thomas Jefferson's rough draft of the declaration of independence: the evolving condition of an American icon and implications for future preservation / Linda S. Stiber -- Discovering new layers in the structure of the Hamzanama illustrated folios / Antoinette Owen -- The history, examination and conservation treatment of the Jamestown records of the Virginia Company of London / Sylvia R. Albro and Holly H. Krueger -- Conservation principles and ethics: their origins and development / Frederick Bearman -- Book archaeology and conservation: case study of a thirteenth-century manuscript / A. Serda Kantarcioğlu -- Conservation survey of rare manuscripts at the National Library of the Czech Republic / Jir̆í Vnouc̆ek -- The analysis and conservation of Aniline-dyed, nineteenth-century Japanese prints / Pamela de Tristan -- The connoisseurship problem of discoloured lead pigments in Japanese woodblock prints / Judith Walsh, Barbara Berrie and Michael Palmer., Observations on nineteenth-century Chinese pigments with special reference to copper greens / David Wise and Andrea Wise -- A study of the effects of bleaching treatments on nineteenth-century watercolour pigments, with special reference to Turner's palette / Heather Norville-Day, Joyce H. Townsend and Fiona Johnston -- An evaluation of the use of cellulose ethers in paper conservation at the British Museum / Yvonne Shashoua and Alice Rugheimer -- The evaluation of relative movement between graphic media and paper substrates: watercolour as a case study / Aeli Clarke -- Conservation implications of computer-generated printing / Kathleen Orlenko and Eleanore Stewart -- A controversial treatment of a sketchbook of iron-gall ink studies by George Romney / Julie L. Biggs -- Carbon black inks from the Middle East / Patrick Ravines and Nasim Dehghan -- Study and conservation of the fourteenth-century illuminated Greek manuscript 'Akathistus to the Virgin' (Syn. Cod. gr. 429) / Elina Dobrynina and Galina Bykova -- The restoration of a pastel painting on parchment: a portrait of the Empress Maria Theresia by Jean-Étienne Liotard / Karin K. Troschke and Verena Flamm -- Conservation of the Dead Sea Scrolls at the laboratory of the Israel Antiquities Authority / Esther Boyd-Alkalay and Elena Libman -- Conservation problems of Rabindranath's paintings / Sushobhan Adhikary., and Paper splitting by machine at the Deutsche Bücherei Leipzig / Wolfgang Wächter, Joachim Liers, Ernst Becker -- MT5 dry-mount tissue: artificial ageing, solubility, SEM and FTIR studies / Patrick Ravines and Dorna Badiyan -- The polyrama panoptique and other optical views: conserving a fusion of science and art / Ted Stanley -- Conservation of an altarpiece from Himanka City Church, Finland / Eugenia Shukina -- An introduction to the conservation of three-dimensional paper objects / Johan Hermans and Patricia Mahoney-Phillips -- Necessary compromise: treatment strategies for composite objects / Alison Lister and Sheila Fairbrass -- Paper conservation research: the last twenty-one years / Vincent Daniels -- An investigation into the use of lasers in paper conservation / James Caverhill, Brian Singer and Ian Latimer -- Characteristics of twentieth-century lignin-containing publication papers / Derek J. Priest, Judith Stanley and Arif Karademir -- Stabilization versus full treatment at the National Archives of Canada / Gregory J. Hill.
- Subject Terms:
- Books -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.Paper -- Preservation -- Congresses.