An essay on the means of lessening the effects of fire on the human body / by James Earle, Esq; F.R.S. Surgeon extraordinary to the King and to His Majesty's Household, and Senior Surgeon to St. Bartholomew's Hospital.
- London : Printed by C. Clarke, Northumberland Court, Strand. And sold by Johnson. St. Paul's Church-yard; and Faulder, Bond Street, 1799.
- Physical Description:
- , 44,  p.  leaf of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRD771.S3 E27 1799Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraving by Robert Laurie; after William Wadd.
Publisher's note on A1r suggests that this title may have been issued with or intended to accompany: Observations on the cure of the curved spine, by James Earle. London, 1799.
English short title catalogue, T33382
Publisher's advertisement,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Observations on the cure of the curved spine, by James Earle. London, 1799. Unidentified extraneous leaf bound in at end of volume.
- Subject Terms:
- Burns -- Early works to 1800.Burns and scalds -- Early works to 1800.Clarke, C. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1799.Faulder -- Bookseller.Johnson -- Bookseller.Medicine -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Earle, James, Sir, 1755-1817, An essay on the means of lessening the effects of fire on the human body , 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.