Packer, Thomas, The dyer's guide , 1830
- The dyer's guide : being a compendium of the art of dyeing linen, cotton, silk, wool, muslin, dresses, furniture, &c. &c. with the method of scouring wool, bleaching cotton, &c. and directions for ungumming silk, and for whitening and sulphuring silk and wool : and also an introductory epitome of the leading facts in chemistry, as connected with the art of dyeing / by Thomas Packer, dyer and practical chemist.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Title on printed spine label: Packer's Dyer's guide
- Second edition, corrected and materially improved
- London : Printed for Sherwood, Gilbert, and Piper, Paternoster-Row, 1830.
London : Printed by R. Gilbert
- Physical Description:
- , vi-viii, 156 pages : color illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTP897 .P33 1830Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A letterpress frontispiece includes seven color samples in watercolor.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary linen backed boards, with printed spine label. Ink stamp of C. Parsonage at head of title-page and verso of frontispiece.  pages of publisher's advertisements at end not included in pagination.
- Chapter I. Introductory -- II. On dyeing cotton -- III. On dyeing silk -- IV. On scouring and dyeing wool -- V. On dyeing silk and cotton black -- VI. On dyeing cotton and silk.
- Subject Terms:
- Color in the textile industries.Dyes and dyeing -- Textile fibers.Parsonage, C. -- Stamp.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.