The dyer's guide : being a compendium of the art of dyeing linen, cotton, silk, wool, muslin, dresses, furniture, &c. &c. with the method of scouring wool, bleaching cotton, &c. and directions for ungumming silk, and for whitening and sulphuring silk and wool : and also an introductory epitome of the leading facts in chemistry, as connected with the art of dyeing / by Thomas Packer, dyer and practical chemist.
- Additional Title(s):
Title on printed spine label: Packer's Dyer's guide
- Second edition, corrected and materially improved
- London : Printed for Sherwood, Gilbert, and Piper, Paternoster-Row, 1830.
London : Printed by R. Gilbert
- Physical Description:
- , vi-viii, 156 pages : color illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTP897 .P33 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A letterpress frontispiece includes seven color samples in watercolor.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary linen backed boards, with printed spine label. Ink stamp of C. Parsonage at head of title-page and verso of frontispiece.  pages of publisher's advertisements at end not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Color in the textile industries.Dyes and dyeing -- Textile fibers.Parsonage, C. -- Stamp.
- Chapter I. Introductory
- II. On dyeing cotton
- III. On dyeing silk
- IV. On scouring and dyeing wool
- V. On dyeing silk and cotton black
- VI. On dyeing cotton and silk.