Gems : selected from the antique, with illustrations.
- London : Printed for John Murray, 32, Fleet-Street, by C. Whittingham, Dean Street, 1804.
- Physical Description:
- , 30, 60 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK5565 .D3 1804 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK5565 .D3 1804 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by and after Richard Dagley.
With engraved vignette on title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in red half calf and marbled boards. Tipped in: letter from from David Hoffman to "My dear Brantz," dated April 12, 1854. Autograph: Robt. E. Brinkworth, 1892. Label: William Salloch, Ossining, N.Y. Binder's label: Edward Roe, bookbinder, Salisbury.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in dark green half calf and marbled boards. Inscribed: "Mrs. Benjamin's compliments to Mr. D.D. Jones and begs his acceptance of this book-having some curious remarks and pen and ink sketches by her late father Dossman [?]." In a separate hand: "I purchased this book at the sale of Mr. Dummfries' [?] books ... Oct. 20, 1845. Jno.Edgeworth." Includes eight leaves tipped in at end, with drawings and text in black.
- Subject Terms:
- Benjamin, Mrs. -- Presentation inscription to D.D. Jones.Brinkworth, Robert E. -- Autograph.Edgworth, John -- Autograph.Gems.Jones, D. D. -- Presentation inscription from Mrs. Benjamin.Mythology, Greek.Roe, Edward -- Binder.Salloch, William -- Bookplate.
- Engravings -- 1804.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.