Bartlett, John Russell, 1805-1886, Personal narrative of explorations & incidents in Texas, New Mexico, California, Sonora, and Chihuahua , 1854
- Personal narrative of explorations & incidents in Texas, New Mexico, California, Sonora, and Chihuahua : connected with the United States and Mexican boundary commission during the 1850, '51, '52 and '53 / by John Russell Bartlett.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Personal narrative of explorations and incidents in Texas, New Mexico, California, Sonora, and Chihuahua
- London : George Routledge and Co., Farringdon Street ; 1854.
New York : D. Appleton, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF786 .B28 1854Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations include tinted lithographs (one tint) and uncolored wood engravings.
Some of the wood engravings bear the signature of the firm of Whitney, Jocelyn & Annin. Single engravings by Samuel F. Baker and Leslie Hooper.
One lithograph signed: H. Hillyard. Lithographs printed by Sarony & Co.
Another edition issued same year, published by D. Appleton only.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 658
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Riviere binding: calf with gilt spine. Bookplate of Christopher Turnor, Stoke Rochford Library.
- Subject Terms:
- Appleton, D. -- Publisher.California -- Description and travel.Chihuahua (Mexico : State) -- Description and travel.Mexico -- Boundaries -- United States.Mexico -- Description and travel.New Mexico -- Description and travel.Riviere -- Binding.Routledge, George -- Publisher.Sonora (Mexico : State) -- Description and travel.Texas -- Description and travel.Turnor, Christopher -- Bookplate.United States -- Boundaries -- Mexico.United States -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- 1854.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.