Hochelaga, or, England in the new world / edited by Eliot Warburton, Esq., author of "The Crescent and the Cross" ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
England in the new world
- London : Henry Colburn, Great Marlborough Street, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1008 .W25 1846Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece tinted lithograph by Charles Haghe.
Printed by Schulze and Co., London.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 626
Publisher's advertisements, 24 p., at end of v. 1.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's purple cloth binding; blind-stamped ornamental border; gilt-stamped spine title. Inscribed: Louisa I. Ross, August, 1846.
- Subject Terms:
- Canada -- Description and travel.Canada -- Social life and customs.Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Ross, Louisa I. -- Autograph, 1846.Schulze and Co. -- Printer.United States -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1846.
YCBA Collections Search
Warburton, George, 1816-1857, Hochelaga, or, England in the new world , 1846
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.