An account of the empire of Marocco, and the district of Suse : compiled from miscellaneous observations made during a long residence in, and various journies through, these countries : to which is added, an accurate and interesting account of Timbuctoo, the great emporium of Central Africa / by James Grey Jackson, Esq. ; illustrated with engravings.
- London : Printed for the author by W. Bulmer and Co., Cleveland-Row, St. James's; and sold by G. & W. Nicol, booksellers to His Majesty, Pall-Mall, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 287,  p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT305 .J13 1809+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 296
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Has bookplate of Edward Montagu Stuart Granville, Earl of Wharncliffe, with his arms also stamped on upper cover. Bound in contemporary calf; rebacked.
Engravings by Joseph Constantine Stadler; after James Grey Jackson. Map engraved by Samuel John Neele.
- Subject Terms:
- Bulmer, W. -- Printer.Morocco -- Description and travel.Tombouctou (Mali) -- Description and travel.Wharncliffe, Edward Montague Stuart Granville Montague Stuart Wortley Mackenzie, 1st Earl of, 1827-1829 -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1809.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1809.
YCBA Collections Search
Jackson, James Grey, An account of the empire of Marocco, and the district of Suse , 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.