Constable's clouds : paintings and cloud studies by John Constable / edited by Edward Morris with contributions from John Gage ... [et al.].
- [Edinburgh] : National Galleries of Scotland ; c2000.
[Liverpool] : National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside, c2000.
- Physical Description:
- 176 p. : ill. (some col.), port. ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 C74 C76 2000 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, Apr. 28-July 16, 2000 and at the National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, Aug. 11-Oct. 29, 2000.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 170-174).
- Subject Terms:
- Clouds in art -- Exhibitions.Constable, John, 1776-1837 -- Exhibitions.Skies in art -- Exhibitions.
- Introduction : Constable's clouds and the chiaroscuro of nature / Edward Morris
- Clouds over Europe / John Gage
- 'That immense canopy' : studies of sky and cloud by British artists c. 1770-1860 / Anne Lyles
- Constable's meteorological understanding and his painting of skies / John E. Thornes
- Keeping time : clouds and chronometry in Constable's major landscapes / Timothy Wilcox.