Constable's clouds : paintings and cloud studies by John Constable / edited by Edward Morris with contributions from John Gage ... [et al.].
- [Edinburgh] : National Galleries of Scotland ; c2000.
[Liverpool] : National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside, c2000.
- Physical Description:
- 176 p. : ill. (some col.), port. ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 C74 C76 2000 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, Apr. 28-July 16, 2000 and at the National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, Aug. 11-Oct. 29, 2000.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 170-174).
- Subject Terms:
- Clouds in art -- Exhibitions.Constable, John, 1776-1837 -- Exhibitions.Skies in art -- Exhibitions.
- Introduction : Constable's clouds and the chiaroscuro of nature / Edward Morris
- Clouds over Europe / John Gage
- 'That immense canopy' : studies of sky and cloud by British artists c. 1770-1860 / Anne Lyles
- Constable's meteorological understanding and his painting of skies / John E. Thornes
- Keeping time : clouds and chronometry in Constable's major landscapes / Timothy Wilcox.