IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sketches of some of the various classes and tribes inhabiting the colony of the Cape of Good Hope, and the interior of Southern Africa , MDCCCLI 
Sketches of some of the various classes and tribes inhabiting the colony of the Cape of Good Hope, and the interior of Southern Africa : with a brief account descriptive of the manners and customs of each.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : W. Robt. and Lowes Dickinson, 114, New Bond Street, MDCCCLI 
- Physical Description:
-  p., 42 leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT1768.X57 S64 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
Illustrations printed by Dickinson & Co.
Goldman, F.Y. Index to South African colour-plates in books, 1851-1899, 57
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 340
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half red morocco. Title stamped in gilt letters on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- South Africa -- Cape of Good Hope.Dickinson & Co. -- Printer.South Africa -- History -- 1836-1909.South Africa -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Tribes -- South Africa -- Cape of Good Hope.W. Robt. and Lowes Dickinson -- Publisher.Xhosa (African people) -- Social life and customs.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.