Narrative of a ten years' residence at Tripoli in Africa : from the original correspondence in the family of the late Richard Tully, Esq., the British consul : comprising authentic memoirs and anecdotes of the reigning bashaw, his family, and other persons of distinction : also, an account of the domestic manners of the Moors, Arabs, and Turks : illustrated with a map and several coloured plates.
- Second edition
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn, Conduit Street, Hanover Square. Sold also by J. Cumming, Dublin, and Bell and Bradfute, Edinburgh, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 376 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT218 .T8 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Written by the sister-in-law of the late Richard Tully"--Pref. The author is called the "sister" of R. Tully in 1st ed. She is commonly referred to as Miss Tully.
Engravings by Robert Havell & Son.
"London: Printed by Cox and Baylis, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's Inn fields."--T.p. verso.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 494
Appendix: p. -372.
Includes index: p. -376.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 301
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Inscription on t.p.: Geo. Wyndham, R.N. Bookplate: Egremont. Bookseller's label: Bought of J.R. Smith, 4, Old Compton-St. Bound in gold-tooled calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Cox and Baylis -- Printer.Egremont, George O'Brien Wyndham, Earl of, 1751-1837 -- Bookplate.Libya -- Description and travel.Smith, J. R. -- Bookseller.Tripoli (Libya) -- Description and travel.Tully, Miss. -- Travel -- Libya.
- Travel literature.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
Tully, Miss, Narrative of a ten years' residence at Tripoli in Africa , 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.