The contemporary sublime , 1995
The contemporary sublime : sensibilities of transcendence and shock.
- London : Academy Editions, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 95 p. : col. ill. ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6490 C65675 1995 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Guest-edited by Paul Crowther--Cf. t.p., verso.
Title page follows preliminary pages.
"Art & design profile 40 is published as part of Art & design vol. 10 1/2 1995"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 20th century.Sublime, The, in art.
- The postmodern sublime : installation and assemblage art / Paul Crowther
- The sublime is how : Philip Taaffe and Will Barnet / Cliff McMahon
- Kant and Malevich : the possibility of the sublime / Mojca Oblak
- Sublimity as process : Hegel, Newman and Shave / Richard Hooker
- Damien Hirst and the senbility of shock / Loura Wixley Brooks
- Silent visions : Lyotard on the sublime / Renée van de Vall
- 'Religion', transcendence, the light and the dark : the work of Jo Volley and Marcus Rees Roberts / Edward Winters
- The containment of memory : Duchamp, Fahrenholz, and the box / Paul Crowther.