The contemporary sublime , 1995
The contemporary sublime : sensibilities of transcendence and shock.
- London : Academy Editions, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 95 p. : col. ill. ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6490 C65675 1995 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Guest-edited by Paul Crowther--Cf. t.p., verso.
Title page follows preliminary pages.
"Art & design profile 40 is published as part of Art & design vol. 10 1/2 1995"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 20th century.Sublime, The, in art.
- The postmodern sublime : installation and assemblage art / Paul Crowther
- The sublime is how : Philip Taaffe and Will Barnet / Cliff McMahon
- Kant and Malevich : the possibility of the sublime / Mojca Oblak
- Sublimity as process : Hegel, Newman and Shave / Richard Hooker
- Damien Hirst and the senbility of shock / Loura Wixley Brooks
- Silent visions : Lyotard on the sublime / Renée van de Vall
- 'Religion', transcendence, the light and the dark : the work of Jo Volley and Marcus Rees Roberts / Edward Winters
- The containment of memory : Duchamp, Fahrenholz, and the box / Paul Crowther.