Cockett, Frank B. (Frank Bernard), Peter Monamy 1681-1749 and his circle , c2000
Peter Monamy 1681-1749 and his circle / F.B. Cockett.
- Woodbridge, Suffolk : Antique Collectors' Club, c2000.
- Physical Description:
- 119 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 M756 C63 2000 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Marine painting -- 17th century -- England.Marine painting, English.Monamy, Peter, 1681-1749 -- Influence.Monamy, Peter, 1681-1749.
- Ch. 1. Biography, origins and artistic development
- Ch. 2. The historical background to Monamy's life as a marine artist
- Ch. 3. The paintings
- Ch. 4. Drawings and prints
- Ch. 5. Francis Swaine (1720-1783)
- Ch. 6. Some rarer marine artists of the Monamy period: Thomas Mellish, T. Leemans, Thomas Allen, J. Cook