Cockett, Frank B. (Frank Bernard), Peter Monamy 1681-1749 and his circle , c2000
Peter Monamy 1681-1749 and his circle / F.B. Cockett.
- Woodbridge, Suffolk : Antique Collectors' Club, c2000.
- Physical Description:
- 119 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 M756 C63 2000 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Marine painting -- 17th century -- England.Marine painting, English.Monamy, Peter, 1681-1749 -- Influence.Monamy, Peter, 1681-1749.
- Ch. 1. Biography, origins and artistic development
- Ch. 2. The historical background to Monamy's life as a marine artist
- Ch. 3. The paintings
- Ch. 4. Drawings and prints
- Ch. 5. Francis Swaine (1720-1783)
- Ch. 6. Some rarer marine artists of the Monamy period: Thomas Mellish, T. Leemans, Thomas Allen, J. Cook