The naval and military exploits which have distinguished the reign of George the Third : Accurately described, and methodically arranged / by Jehoshaphat Aspin.
- Additional Title(s):
Naval and military exploits of the reign of George III
- London : Printed for Samuel Leigh, 18, Strand, by W. Clowes, Northumberland-court, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 784 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA67 .A87 1820Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA67 .A87 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: Naval and military exploits of the reign of George III. Embellished with numerous coloured plates. 1s. boards. 15s. bound.
All illustrations are medallion-style except for the frontispiece.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 350
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.) 70
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and does not contain the two extra prints listed in Tooley but has an addtional 12 p. section of publisher's advertisements at end. Original buff boards with printed paper covers with title on upper board and advertisments on lower board. Copy 2 contains the two extra prints listed in Tooley. Bound in gilt-stamped red morocco, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- History -- George III, 1760-1820.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 18th century.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 19th century.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 18th century.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
YCBA Collections Search
Aspin, Jehoshaphat, 18th/19th cent, The naval and military exploits which have distinguished the reign of George the Third , 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.