Apocalypse : beauty and horror in contemporary art / Norman Rosenthal, with Michael Archer ... [et al.] ; special photography by Norbert Schoerner.
- Exhibition ed.
- London : Royal Academy of Arts ; c2000.
New York : Distributed in the United States and Canada by Harry N. Abrams, c2000.
- Physical Description:
- 251 p. : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6768 R57 2000 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, Sept. 23-Dec. 15, 2000.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 245-246) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Apocalyptic art -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Horror in art -- Exhibitions.
- Apocalypse : beauty and horror in contemporary art / Norman Rosenthal
- Richard Prince : the likes of Richard Prince / Nathan Kernan
- Gregor Schneider : possibilities and uncertainties / Michael Archer
- Luc Tuymans : behind the mask / Michael Archer
- Maurizio Cattelan : tragic pantomime / James Hall
- Mariko Mori : the eve of the future / Nathan Kernan
- Mike Kelley : playgrounds for adults / James Hall
- Wolfgang Tillmans : moments of being / Nathan Kernan
- Chris Cunningham : man, machine and music / Michael Bracewell
- Tim Noble and Sue Webster : shadowplay / Michael Bracewell
- Darren Almond : the ticking of the clock / Michael Archer
- Angus Fairhurst : theatre of the absurd / Michael Archer
- Jake and Dinos Chapman : collaborating with catastrophe / James Hall
- Jeff Koons : coloured by reflection / Nathan Kernan.