A thousand years, a thousand words : a celebration of the Royal Mail Millennium Stamps project / [text Michael Benson].
- Additional Title(s):
1000 years, 1000 words
- London : Camberwell Press, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. ; 14 x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHE6185.G72 B45 1999Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: 1000 years, 1000 words.
"Book design @ Trickett & Webb Ltd."--Colophon.
"Hand Binding by Shepherds Bookbinders."--Colophon.
Limited edition of 2000 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original black paper wrappers. Cover title printed in black ink within a silver label. Also on upper wrapper is the stamp of "Royal Mail Camberwell Press" printed in red ink.
Catalog of 48 commemorative stamps produced for the Royal Mail Commemorative Stamps Project; accompanied by illustrative text.
Includes a complete set of Royal Mail commemorative millennium stamps, affixed to horizontally perforated pages. The actual stamps are incorporated within the illustrations. Upper and lower paste-downs are folded to resemble an envelope.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Camberwell -- Publisher.Commemorative postage stamps -- Great Britain.Great Britain. Royal Mail.Millennium celebrations (Year 2000) -- Great Britain.Postage stamps -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Postage stamps design -- Great Britain.Shepherds Bookbinders -- Binde.rTrickett & Webb Ltd. -- Book designer.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
YCBA Collections Search
Benson, Michael, 1955-, A thousand years, a thousand words , 1999
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.