A new description of the pictures, statues, bustos, basso-relievos, and other curiosities in the Earl of Pembroke's house at Wilton : in the antiques of this collection are contained the whole of Cardinal Richelieu's, and Cardinal Mazarine's, and the greatest part of the Earl of Arundel's, besides several particular pieces purchased at different times / by James Kennedy.
- Additional Title(s):
New description of the pictures, bustos, statues, basso relievosand other curiosities in the Earl of Pembroke's house, at Wilton
- The sixth edition, corrected and enlarged, with an engraving of the busto of Aventinus.
- Salisbury : Printed and sold by E. Easton : sold also by J. Wilkie, St. Paul's Church-Yard, London, 1774.
- Physical Description:
- , 146 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5245 .K46 1774Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The words "pictures, statues, bustos, bassos relievos" are separated by a vertical line on title page.
English short title catalogue, T65438
BEIN 2001 21: Imperfect: engraved plate wanting. Autograph: J. Tekell.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks engraved frontispiece. Rebound in much later cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections.Brit tracts -- 1774.Pembroke, Thomas Herbert, Earl of, 1656-1733 -- Art collections.Sculpture -- Private collections.Tekell, J. -- Autograph.Wilton House (England)
YCBA Collections Search
Kennedy, James, active 1769, A new description of the pictures, statues, bustos, basso-relievos, and other curiosities in the Earl of Pembroke's house at Wilton , 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.