The Studio, 1893-1964
- Additional Title(s):
Studio international art Oct. 1963-Apr. 1964
Studio (London, England)
- London : National Magazine Co., etc., 1893-1964.
- Physical Description:
- 167 v. : ill. ; 26-31 cm.
- Reference LibraryN1 S9 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No. 229 repeated in numbering; no. 230 omitted.
Issues for Feb.-June 1939 also carry volume numbering of London studio.
Has some special issues and supplements.
Indexes: Vol. 1-21, Apr. 1893-1901; v. 22-42, 1901-1908; v. 1-106, Apr. 1893-1933.
1927-Apr. 1931 issued also in an American edition as Creative art.
From March 1897 to 1921 an American edition of the Studio was issued in New York entitled: The International studio. This was purchased in 1922 by the International Studio, Inc., New York, and was produced wholly in America.
Vols. 101-117 (1931-1939) are issued in American eds. under the titles: Atelier (1931) and: London Studio (1932-1939).
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Periodicals.Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Periodicals.Decoration and ornament -- Periodicals.