The Other Hogarth , c2001
- The Other Hogarth : aesthetics of difference / edited by Bernadette Fort and Angela Rosenthal.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Aesthetics of difference
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c2001.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 320 p. : ill., facsims., ports. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 H67 O84 2001 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LWL 75 H67 S001: Paperbound. Gift of Angela Rosenthal, 4 June 2001.
Bac,ref copy: paperbound
Includes bibliographical references (p. 294-310) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- English wit and humor, Pictorial.Femininity in art.Gender identity in art.Greenberg, Richard -- Ownership.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Aesthetics.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Criticism and interpretation.Racism in art.Rosenthal, Angela -- Donor.Women -- Europe -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Women in art.