The Other Hogarth , c2001
The Other Hogarth : aesthetics of difference / edited by Bernadette Fort and Angela Rosenthal.
- Additional Title(s):
Aesthetics of difference
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c2001.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 320 p. : ill., facsims., ports. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 H67 O84 2001 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LWL 75 H67 S001: Paperbound. Gift of Angela Rosenthal, 4 June 2001.
Bac,ref copy: paperbound
Includes bibliographical references (p. 294-310) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- English wit and humor, Pictorial.Femininity in art.Gender identity in art.Greenberg, Richard -- Ownership.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Aesthetics.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Criticism and interpretation.Racism in art.Rosenthal, Angela -- Donor.Women -- Europe -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Women in art.