Downes, Penelope, Recipe, 1995
- Bristol [England] : Queriendo Press, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.),  p. : ill. ; 224 x 21 cm. folded to 28 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D686 R43 1995+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "I chose the 16th. century text for visual reasons. It is an anonymous manuscript from the Samuel Pepys library, Oxford. It is printed from circuit board film on a copper plate onto marbled paper. ... The front cover is embossed with blocking foil from an etching plate. The elastic is a gesture to hold the pages in place as recipe books never stay open on the right page."--Artist's statement.
Etchings by Penelope Downes.
Recipes translated by Gerald Hodgett (from Stere htt well, 1978),  p. at end
Limited edtion of 10 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 1 of 10, signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Cooking, Medieval.Formulas, recipes, etc.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Etchings -- 1995.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.