Hogarth's election entertainment : artists at the Hustings / edited by David Bindman, David Ekserdjian and Will Palin ; Sir John Soane's Museum.
- London : An Apollo Magazine Publication, .
- Physical Description:
- 34 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryV 0880Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This volume was published to accompany an exhibition at Sir John Soane's Museum ... London ... 23 March-25 August 2001"--T.p. verso.
"This exhibition was curated by Professor David Bindman with the assistance of the students on the University College London/British Museum History of the Print MA course"--T.p. verso.
- Subject Terms:
- Elections -- England -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.English wit and humor, Pictorial -- Exhibitions.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Criticism and interpretation.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Exhibitions.Sir John Soane's Museum -- Exhibitions.
- Chairing the member: Hogarth's election paintings and their influence / David Bindman
- The grand finale, Newton reigns supreme : an interpetation of Chairing the member / Elizabeth Einberg
- The liberty of voting restored : William Hogarth's Election series as a vision of electoral (dis)order / Emma Baudey
- The frontispiece to The humours of a country election: a source for Hogarth's Election series / Eva Pol
- The election carnival: the spectacle of the Hustings / Tamatha Blair
- Hogarth and Bingham: differing views of the electoral process / Stephanie Eu
- Catalogue of the exhibition.