Hirst, Damien, Theories, models, methods, approaches, assumptions, results and findings , c2000
Theories, models, methods, approaches, assumptions, results and findings : Volume 1 / Damien Hirst.
- New York : Gagosian Gallery, c2000.
- Physical Description:
- 156 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.H57 T54 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Gagosian GalleryAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed by Jason Beard at Barnbrook. Edited by Damien Hirst, Jason Beard. Photography: Mike Parsons."--Title page verso.
With contributions by Gordon Burn and George Poste.
Includes essays reprinted from the Journal of clinical forensic medicine.
"Published on the occasion of the exhibition: Theories, models, methods, assumptions, results and findings. Damien Hirst. Gagosian Gallery ... September 23-December 16, 2000."--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy in printed slipcase. For more information, see object file.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 20th century.Biology in art.Forensic sciences.Gagosian Gallery -- Exhibitions.Hirst, Damien -- Exhibitions.Installations (Art)Medicine in art.Science in art.
- Livres d'artistes.
- 1. The hay smells different to the lovers than to the horses / Gordon Burn
- 2. The epidemiology of violence. An unreasonable fear of death and dying
- 3. The role of an operating microscope in medico-legal practice
- 4. Examination and significance of 'tied up' dead bodies
- 5. Identification of human remains: forensic radiology
- 6. Eight cases of suicide by self-cutting or self-stabbing
- 7. Determining the true cause of death in a dermatological disaster
- 8. Artefact in forensic medicine: non-missile penetrating injuries. From the cradle to the grave
- 9. Cardiotoxic mechanisms and interrelationships of cocaine
- 10. Revealing reality within a body of imaginary things / George Poste. Venoms
- 11. The pattern of homicidal slash/chop injuries. The Last Supper
- 12. Observations on fatal injuries to the brain stem and/or upper cervical spinal cord.
- 13. Medico-legal death investigations in Istanbul, Turkey
- Extract from a conversation with Dr. Gordon Lebrun.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.