A few minutes advice to gentlemen of landed property : and the admirers of forest scenery : with directions for sowing, raising, planting, and the management of forest trees : to which is added, a catalogue of forest trees, fruit trees, and flowering shrubs, with their usual prices, as sold by the nursery-men and seeds-men ...
- Chester : Printed by Broster & Son, for Crosby & Letterman, London, [1800?]
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 115, , 22 p. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSD391 .F4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Imprint date from British Museum Catalogue. Crosby & Letterman were only at the address shown 1799-1802; in addition, in this copy, one page is watermarked 1800.
The catalogue (p. -22 at end) appears to be related to those issued by the Telfords, the Perfects, or William Thompson of York, or Brunton and Forbes of Birmingham.--Cf. Henry, Blanche. British botanical and horticultural literature before 1800, London, 1975, v. 3; and Harvey, J.H. Early horticultural catalogues. [Bath] 1973.
- Subject Terms:
- Broster & Son -- Printer.Crosby & Letterman -- Publisher.Lawrence, Aubrey -- Autograph, 1967.Nursery stock -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Owen, William -- Autograph.Tree planting -- Great Britain.Trees -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.