A bibliographical antiquarian and picturesque tour in France and Germany / by the Rev. Tho. Frognall Dibdin, F.R.S. S.A.
- London : Printed for the author, by W. Bulmer and W. Nicol, Shakspeare Press, and sold by Payne and Foss, Longman, Hurst and Co., J. and A. Arch, R.H. Evans, R. Triphook,and John Major, 1821.
[Paris] : Sold at Paris, by messrs. Treuttel and Wurtz, no. 17, Rue de Bourbon.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations, portraits, facsimiles ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ1001 .D53 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN,GEN X350 +821 copy 3: Variant copy. In pencil, on lining paper of vol. 1: "This is among the earlier copies; and the impressions of the plates are good. T. F. D[ibdin]."
Engravings by Edward Finden, Frederick Christian Lewis, Henry Le Keux, John Byrne, William Raymond Smith, John Landseer, George James Corbould, S. Rawle, James Mitan, George Hollis, John Romney, William Thomas Fry, G.W. Hutin, Robert Cooper, W. Woolnoth, Forster, Thomas Vivares, J. Thomson, Thomas Wright, Edmond Turrell, James Barenger, Rudolph Ackermann, Henry R. Cook; after George Robert Lewis, L. Englois, Laurent, Quaglio, and Peter Fendi.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in 19th century gilt-tooled olive morocco, with dentelles and gauffered edges. Armorial bookplate: Patientia Vinces. Lacks half title pages. One of 100 sets printed on large paper [29 cm] and re-imposed to quarto. Some engravings on india paper, mounted.
- Subject Terms:
- Arch, J. and A. -- Publisher.Bibliography.Bulmer, W. -- Printer.Dibdin, Thomas Frognall, 1776-1847 -- Autograph.Dibdin, Thomas Frognall, 1776-1847 -- Ms. notes.Evans, R.H. -- Publisher.France -- Description and travel.Germany -- Description and travel.Libraries -- France.Libraries -- Germany.Literary journeys -- France.Literary journeys -- Germany.Longman, Hurst and Co. -- Publisher.Major, John -- Publisher.Manuscripts -- France.Manuscripts -- Germany.Nicol, W. -- Printer.Payne and Foster -- Publisher.Triphook, R. -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1821.
Steel engravings -- 1821.
Lithographs -- 1821.
Aquatints -- 1821.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Dibdin, Thomas Frognall, 1776-1847, A bibliographical antiquarian and picturesque tour in France and Germany , 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.