The maker's hand : twenty books / by Ken Campbell.
- London : Ken Campbell, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 103 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C35 M36 2001+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ken CampbellView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The Maker's Hand is about the twenty artist's books that I have made between 1975 and 2000. It attempts to give an insight into the physical and mental processes deployed during each title's gestation, and might be seen as an affordable reader in my work as a book artist over the past 25 years."--Foreword.
Each book is described and illustrated in color, with an account of how it came to be made, supplemented by poems, texts and images.
Introductory essay by Marcia Reed (p. 9-13).
Catalog published to accompany the exhibition at the Herzog August Bibliothek, Wolfenbüttel, Germany, 2001.
Published in an edition of 100 copies.
Original archival material related to this work is available in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art, Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts (Ken Campbell Collection, MSS 25).
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 9 of 100, signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Artists' books -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Campbell, Ken, 1939- -- Autograph.Campbell, Ken, 1939- -- Catalogs.Campbell, Ken, 1939- -- Exhibitions.Campbell, Ken, 1939- -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.