The Westminster review.
- Former Title(s):
London and Westminster review Apr. 1836-Mar. 1840
Westminster and foreign quarterly review Oct. 1846-Oct. 1851
- Additional Title(s):
Westminster review (London, England)
- London, Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy [etc.]
- Physical Description:
- 181 v. ill., plates., maps. 22-25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP4 .W5Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1979 S24 has bookplates of Shepard Krech and Charles Savile Roundell.
BEIN : Another copy of vol. 1, no. 2, Apr. 1824; vol. 2, no. 1, July 1824 in Silliman miscellaneous pamphlets, v. 22.
SML : Index to v. 25-33 bound with index to v. 1-24.
BAC: British Art Center has volume XXXIII (1840). Contains Thackeray's essay on Cruikshank. Includes an additional watercolor on recto of second free endpaper.
Vols. 57-127 are called "New ser., v. 1-71."
Vol. 1-24, 1824- Jan. 1836. 1v.; vols. 25-33, Mar. 1836-1840. 1v.
Founded by Jeremy Bentham. Jan. 1824- Mar. 1840 edited successively by John Bowring and J.S. Mill; June 1840- June 1846, W.E. Hickson; Jan. 1852- Dec. 1894 by Dr. John Chapman.
Absorbed the London review in April 1836, and later added the volume numbering of that periodical to its own, v. 1-2 of the London review (Apr. 1835-Jan. 1836) being counted as v. 29-30 of the Westminster review.
In October 1846 the Foreign quarterly review and the Westminster review were united; separate editions of the periodicals were published until Jan. 1847.
- Subject Terms:
- Krech, Shepard 1891- -- Bookplate.Periodicals -- England.Roundell, Charles Savile -- Bookplate.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.