Tallis's illustrated London : in commemoration of the Great exhibition of all nations in 1851 : forming a complete guide to the British metropolis and its environs : illustrated by upwards of two hundred steel engraving from original drawings and daguerreotypes / with historical and descriptive letterpress by William Gaspey, Esq. Vol. I <-II>.
- London ; J. Tallis and company, <1851-52>
and New York : J. Tallis and company, <1851-52>
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (vii, <1>, 320 p., <74> leaves of plates (1 folded); vii, <1>, 304 p., <86> leaves of plates (2 folded)) : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA679 .G3View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of issue from B. Adams, London illustrated 1604-1851, no. 215.
Engraved t.ps. included in plate count.
The date 1852 is found on p. 264, vol. 2.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks letterpress title pages and tables of contents.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- Guidebooks.London (England) -- History.
- Engravings -- 1851-1852.
YCBA Collections Search
Gaspey, William, 1812-1888, Tallis's illustrated London , <1851-52>
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.