Visit to Iceland and the Scandinavian North. Translated from the German of Madame Ida Pfeiffer. With numerous explanatory notes and eight tinted engravings. To which are added an Essay on Icelandic poetry, from the French of M. Bergmann; a translation of the Icelandic poem the Voluspa; and a brief sketch of Icelandic history.
- Additional Title(s):
Reise nach dem skandinavischen Norden und der Insel Island im Jahre 1845. English.
- London, Ingram, Cooke, and Co., 1852.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , -354 p. incl. col. front., col. plates. col. plate. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDL312 P57Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 103
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Abbey, Travel, 161 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Plates printed by Edmund Evans.--Cf. Evans, Edmund. Reminiscenses. Edited by Ruari McLean. Oxford, 1967, p. 77.
BAC : "Printed by Levey, Robson, and Franklyn."
BAC : Added t.-p., illus.
- Subject Terms:
- Iceland -- Description and travel.Old Norse poetry -- History and criticism.Scandinavia -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Pfeiffer, Ida, 1797-1858, Visit to Iceland and the Scandinavian North, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.