Pfeiffer, Ida, 1797-1858, Visit to the Holy Land, Egypt, and Italy, 1852
- Visit to the Holy Land, Egypt, and Italy. By Madame Ida Pfeiffer. Tr. from the German by H. W. Dulcken. With eight tinted engravings.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Reise einer Wienerin in das heilige Land. English
- London, Ingram, Cooke, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., vii-xv, -336 p. col. front., col. plates. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS48 P52Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS48 P52Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Travel 387
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 102
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and is a presentation copy to C.L. Farrar from her aunt, S.A. Clarke; presented to J.R. Abbey from A.N.L. Munby, 1951. Copy 2, which was bound by Leighton Son & Hodge, has  p. of advertisements at the back.
BAC : Plates by Birket Foster--Cf. Friedman, Joan. Color printing in England, New Haven, 1978, 104.
BAC : Text printed by Levey, Robson, and Franklyn; plates engraved and printed by Edmund Evans.
Added t.-p., illus.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Middle East -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.