Underwood, Paul Atkins, 1902-1968, The Kariye Djami, [c1966-75]
The Kariye Djami [by] Paul A. Underwood.
- [New York, Bollingen Foundation; distributed by] Pantheon Books [c1966-75]
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. plans, plates (part col.) 33 cm.
- Reference LibraryFounder''s RoomAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Meriden Gravure 1877: Dust jacket. From the collection of the Meriden-Stinehour Press.
Vols 1-3: issued in a case. Vol. 4 based on a symposium at Dumbarton Oaks, May 1960, edited by P. A. Underwood, and published by Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J.; with contributions by O. Demus and others.
Bibliography: v. 1, p. 313-315; v. 4, 159-160.
- Subject Terms:
- Kariye Camii (Istanbul, Turkey)Meriden-Stinehour Press -- Ownership.Mosaics -- Turkey -- Istanbul.Mural painting and decoration -- Turkey -- Istanbul.
- v. 1. Historical introduction and description of the mosaics and frescoes.--v. 2. Plates 1-334. The mosaics.--v. 3. Plates 335-553. The frescoes.--v. 4. Studies in the art of the Kariye Djami and its intellectual background.