Travels of Cosmo the Third, Grand Duke of Tuscany, through England during the reign of King Charles the Second (1669). Translated from the Italian manuscript in the Laurentian Library at Florence. To which is prefixed, a memoir of his life. Illustrated with a portrait of His Highness, and thirty-nine views of the metropolis, cities, towns, and noblemen's and gentlemen's seats, as delineated at that period by artists in the suite of Cosmo.
- London, Printed for J. Mawman, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.l., 506 p., 2 leaves. front. (port.) 39 plates (1 fold.) 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA615 C6 M34+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA615 C6 M34+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 32
BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and is inscribed Southey; with bookplate of Edd. Davenport Esqr.
BAC : Advertisements: 2 p. at end.
BAC : "G. Woodfall, printer."
BAC : "The narrator of them [Cosimo's travels] was the celebrated Count Lorenzo Magalotti."--p. 1-2.
"The narrator of them [Cosimo's travels] was the celebrated Count Lorenzo Magalotti." -- cf. p. 1-2.
- Subject Terms:
- Cosimo III, Grand-Duke of Tuscany, 1642-1723.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Magalotti, Lorenzo, conte, 1637-1712, Travels of Cosmo the Third, Grand Duke of Tuscany,, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.