Holmes, C. J. (Charles John), 1868-1936, Constable and his influence on landscape painting,, 1902
- Constable and his influence on landscape painting, by C.J. Holmes; with seventy-seven photogravure plates.
- Westminster, A. Constable, 1902.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 251 p. front. (port.) illus., plates. 39 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 80Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Title vignette.
"Of this edition 350 copies only are printed."
Appendix A: Engravings after Constable's work, p.219-226.
Appendix B: Priced catalogue of Constable's sale in 1838, p.227-233.
Appendix C: Forgeries of Constable's work, p.234-237.
Appendix D: Chronological list of Constable's chief pictures and dated sketches, p. 238-
- Subject Terms:
- Constable, John, 1776-1837.