Goodenough, Erwin Ramsdell, 1893-1965, Jewish symbols in the Greco-Roman period, [1953-68]
Jewish symbols in the Greco-Roman period.
- [New York] Pantheon Books [1953-68]
- Physical Description:
- 13 volumes illustrations 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryFounder''s RoomAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vol. 13 has imprint: [Princeton, N.J.] Princeton University Press.
Includes bibliographical references.
BEIN Meriden Gravure 931: Dust jacket. Bookplate of Meriden Gravure Company. From the collection of the Meriden-Stinehour Press. Accompanied by publisher presentation insert.
BEIN Meriden Gravure 1388: Dust jacket. In slipcase. Bookplate of Meriden Gravure Company. Accompanied by newspaper clippings. From the collection of the Meriden-Stinehour Press.
- Subject Terms:
- Jewish art and symbolism.Jewish art and symbolism.Jews -- Antiquities.Jews -- Antiquities.Jews -- Civilization -- Greek influences.Jews -- Civilization -- Greek influences.Synagogue (Dura, Syria)
- v. 1. The archeological evidence from Palestine.--v. 2. The archeological evidence from the Diaspora.--v. 3. Illustrations.--v. 4. The problem of method. Symbols from Jewish cult.--v. 5-6. Fish, bread, and wine.--v. 7-8. Pagan symbols in Judaism.--v. 9-11. Symbolism in the Dura Synagogue.--v. 12. Summary and conclusions.--v. 13. Indexes and maps, with the author's corrigenda and comments for the preceding volumes.