The works of James Gillray, the caricaturist : with the story of his life and times / edited by Thomas Wright ; with over four hundred illustrations.
- London : Chatto and Windus 
- Physical Description:
- , 376 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 G3845 W76 (LC) Oversize ;Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.G5 W75 1873+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Authorship of part of the volume attributed to Joseph Grego.
Printed by Savill, Edwards and Co., Chandos Street, Covent Garden.
"Works, not belonging to the province of caricature or satire, executed by James Gillray as an engraver": p. -374.
"Subjects suggested to Gillray by amateurs, or of which rough sketches are preserved in the Print room of the British museum": p. 374-376.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt- and black-stamped blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- England.Chatto and Windus -- Publisher.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Gillray, James, 1756-1815.Great Britain -- History -- George III, 1760-1820.Satirists, English.Savill, Edwards and Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1873.
Lithographs -- 1873.
YCBA Collections Search
Wright, Thomas, 1810-1877, The works of James Gillray, the caricaturist ,