Rural architecture in the Chinese taste, being designs entirely new for the decoration of gardens, parks, forrests, insides of houses, &c., on sixty copper plates, with full instructions for workmen; also a near estimate of the charge, and hints where proper to be erected. The whole invented & drawn by Willm. & Inn. Halfpenny ...
- The 3d ed. With the adition of 4 plates ... of roofs for Chinese & Indian temples ...
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, 1755.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pt. in 1 v. 64 plates (part fold.) 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA8450 H17 1755 copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA8450 H17 1755 copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. In copy 1, there are 4 p. of text (incl. t.-p.) preceding the plates of pt. 3. In copy 2, the same text, in a different setting of type, occupies 6 p.; an additional 2 p. (p. 7-8) being advertisements.
BAC : Head- and tail-pieces.
BAC : Some plates signed Parr, or B. Cole.
Each part has also special t.-p., dated 1750-52.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Chinese.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.
- pt. I. New designs for Chinese temples, triumphal arches, garden seats, palings, &c.--pt. II. New designs for Chinese bridges, temples, triumphal arches, garden-seats, palings, obelisks, termini's, &c.--pt. III. New designs for Chinese doors, windows, piers, pilasters, garden seats, green-houses, summer-houses, &c.--pt. IV. New designs for Chinese gates, palisades, stair-cases, chimney-pieces, cielings, garden-seats, chairs, temples, &c.