Vaughan, William, 1943-, German Romanticism and English art , c1979
- German Romanticism and English art / William Vaughan.
- New Haven : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, c1979.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 308 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6767 V38 1979 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes index.
Expanded and rev. version of the author's thesis, The German manner in English art, 1815-55, London University, 1977.
Bibliography: p. 289-302.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, English -- German influences.Art, Victorian -- England.Germany -- In art.Painting, German -- Influence.Romanticism in art -- England.