The Artist's repository, or, Encyclopedia of the fine arts : exhibiting the principles, and explaining the practice in all their various branches ....
- Additional Title(s):
Encyclopedia of fine arts.
- London : C. Taylor, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. in 8 : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1 A835 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally issued serially under title: The artist's repository and drawing magazine.
Edited by C. Taylor.
Printed by J. F. Dove, 22, St. John's Square.
BAC: Bound in light tan printed boards, as issued.
BAC: British Art Center has v. 1 (2 pts.) only. Part 1 : advertisement, (iv), 184 p. with engraved frontispiece of V. I, engraved frontispiece of V. III, four unnumbered plates, plates 17-34, 39,42, 51-53, 84-85, 9-10. Part 2: Announcement, 185-276 p. with engraved frontispiece of V. II, 5 unnumbered plates, plates 5-8, 13-16, 35-38, 43-44, 54-56, 62, 57-61, 77, 88-90, 91 (two plates), 92.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Dictionaries.Art -- Technique.Dove, J.F. -- Printer.Taylor, C. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1813.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1813.
Engravings -- 1813.
- v. 1. The human figure
- v. 2. Perspective, architecture
- v. 3. Landscape, compendium of colors
- v. 4. Dictionary, & history of art.