Brookshaw, George, 1751-1823, Groups of fruit , 1819
- Groups of fruit : accurately drawn and coloured after nature, with full directions for the young artist : designed as a companion to the treatises on flowers and birds / by George Brookshaw, Esq. ; author of the Pomona Brittanica, Treatise on flower painting, etc.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Second edition.
- London : Published by Thomas McLean, printed by Turner and Hadley, Minerva Press, Queen's buildings, Cheltenham, 1819.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7680 .B76 1819+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7680 .B76 1819+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Fruits
With two copies of each plate, one colored and one uncolored.
Each pair of plates accompanied by descriptive letterpress with directions for coloring.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 97
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, C475
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in blind- and gilt-tooled dark blue morocco; gilt edges. Has bound with it: Groups of flowers / George Bradshaw. Second edition. London : T. McLean, 1819; and, Six birds accurately drawn from nature / George Bradshaw. London : T. McLean, 1819.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in red boards with publisher's printed title label on front cover. Illegible inscription on title page. Cased with: Groups of flowers / George Bradshaw. Second edition. London : T. McLean, 1819; and, Six birds accurately drawn from nature / George Bradshaw. Second edition. London : T. McLean, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament -- Plant forms -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Fruit in artLepard, John -- Publisher.Longman & Co. -- Publisher.McLean, Thomas -- Publisher.Turner and Hadley -- Printer.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
Stipple engravings -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.