The theory of color in its relation to art and art-industry / by Wilhelm von Bezold ... ; translated from the German by S.R. Koehler ; with an introduction and notes by Edward C. Pickering ... ; illustrated by chromo-lithographic plates and woodcuts.
- Authorized American edition, revised and enlarged by the author.
- Boston : L. Prang and Company, 1876.
Cambridge : University Press : Welch, Bigelow, & Co., 1876.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, , 274 pages, 13 leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1280 .B49 1876Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printing statement from title page verso.
Plate III is in three parts, with two layovers.
Includes bibliography (p. -258) and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Theory.Color in art.Colors.Decoration and ornament.Painting.
- Chromolithographs -- 1876.
Wood engravings -- 1876.
YCBA Collections Search
Bezold, Wilhelm von, The theory of color in its relation to art and art-industry , 1876
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.